There’s no question that boardrooms face more issues than ever before. Governance priorities now include issues such as increasing diversity, leading digital transformation, and managing disruption. With more responsibility comes more complexity, and board chairpersons are under increasing pressure to respond effectively and rapidly to all of this change.
Dr. Randall S. Peterson, Professor of Organizational Behavior at London Business School, makes a compelling case that boards largely succeed or fail based on the effectiveness of their board chairperson.
According to Dr. Peterson, here’s what makes a board chairperson great:
Great Chairpersons KNOW
Great Chairpersons DO
About The Author
- At OnBoard, we believe board meetings should be informed, effective, and uncomplicated. That’s why we give boards and leadership teams an elegant solution that simplifies governance. With customers in higher education, nonprofit, health care systems, government, and corporate enterprise business, OnBoard is the leading board management provider.
- Board Management Software2022.07.265 Critical Board Engagement Survey Questions
- Board Management Software2022.07.255 Cybersecurity Metrics Boards Should Care About
- Board Management Software2022.07.19What is an Advisory Council? (Overview, Roles, and Responsibilities)
- Board Management Software2022.07.18What is a Limited Liability Company (LLC)?