Product Update: OnBoard solution combines the best of two platforms, enabling real-time edits, comments, and updates across Microsoft files.
Thanks to OnBoard customer feedback, board professionals who use the board intelligence solution can now combine the best of two powerful platforms for seamless workflows and collaboration.
OnBoard’s latest product update, the Microsoft 365 Integration for Document Editing, includes the ability for Microsoft files such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and others to:
- Open Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint for real-time collaboration within the OnBoard platform
- Save within OnBoard to ensure files are secure and easily accessible
- Users with Microsoft 365 accounts can set up integration easily with just a few clicks
- Microsoft 365 file collaboration will be available within the OnBoard web app (there is not yet availability in iOS and Android)
Related Content: Minutes, Messenger, and Product/Director Visibility Enhancements
How Will This Integration Help Your Board?
From preparing documents for a board meeting to making edits to documents, Microsoft 365 Integration for Document Editing users can save time and ensure documents are secure within the platform.
Other benefits include:
- Save time and simplify your processes: no need to download, make updates outside the system, and re-upload into OnBoard, as you probably had to do in the past
- Better version control: Ensure everyone is using the most recent version and keep track of version history within the platform
- Improve collaboration: Multiple editors can work together on a document, and users can see who is editing in real time.
- Ensure security and confidentiality: Store documents within OnBoard’s secure platform and use permission settings to ensure documents are shared with the intended users.
What documents are supported? In addition to Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents, Microsoft Office Open XML file extensions (including .docx for documents, .xlsx for spreadsheets, and .pptx for presentations) are among the supported files. Older file types such as .doc, .xls, or .ppt will not be supported. Also, customers must have an Office 365 license to use this feature.
What else can we do with this integration? OnBoard’s Microsoft 365 integration will enable your board members and administrators (or anyone else you grant permission to access the files) to:
- Redline and track changes
- Make comments within the document (that said, you won’t be able to tag others in those comments)
- Restrict files or folders via OnBoard’s file permission structure. Admins and collaborators will be able to edit files; members will be able to view files.
- Carry over annotations as new versions become available (fast-follow releases are planned to include more controls around annotations).
Who We Serve
OnBoard’s board intelligence solution serves over 5,000 organizations worldwide, and the platform hosts over 100,000 meetings per year. We’re passionate about inspiring and enabling organizations to do their best work in a digital world.
Industries we service include associations, banks, credit unions, education, government, health care, nonprofit, technology, transportation, and utilities, and our software is used by board chairs, board members, general counsel, chief executive officers/presidents, administrative assistants, and directors.
Are you interested in updating your OnBoard features to include the Microsoft 365 Integration for Document Editing? Contact your Customer Success Manager to learn more. Interested in the OnBoard platform? Contact us to request a free trial.
Meet What's Next
About The Author
- Adam Wire is a Content Marketing Manager at OnBoard who joined the company in 2021. A Ball State University graduate, Adam worked in various content marketing roles at Angi, USA Football, and Adult & Child Health following a 12-year career in newspapers. His favorite part of the job is problem-solving and helping teammates achieve their goals. He lives in Indianapolis with his wife and two dogs. He’s an avid sports fan and foodie who also enjoys lawn and yard work and running.
- Board Management SoftwareNovember 16, 202310 Action Items to Reduce Remote Work Security Risks
- Board Management SoftwareNovember 13, 2023Vision Statement vs. Mission Statement: What’s the Difference? (Explained)
- Board Management SoftwareOctober 27, 2023How to Prepare an LLC Annual Report (Step-by-Step)
- Board Management SoftwareOctober 25, 2023What is a 501c3 Determination Letter? (Overview, Definition, and Examples)