OnBoard Product Update: Minutes, Messenger, and Profile/Director Visibility Enhancements
New capabilities, enhancements for Minutes, Messenger, Visibility features highlight OnBoard’s latest customer feedback-driven product updates.
OnBoard, the top-rated board intelligence software platform available according to G2 reviews, continuously addresses the needs of its high-performing boards worldwide.
Thanks to customer feedback that addresses their always-changing needs, we’ve released another round of improvements to our platform, enabling boards to work smarter, move faster, and achieve more for the organizations they oversee.
The latest product innovations include enhancements to our Minutes Builder feature, Secure Messenger feature, and user profile visibility settings. Let’s examine each of these updates, and how they can help boards perform at their best:
Minutes Builder Enhancements
Taking minutes can be a tedious task, but thanks to our Minutes Builder feature, it’s never been easier. Thanks to these improvements, it should be easier still. Boards can now:
- Compile real-time meeting minutes and collaborate with others through simultaneous editing capabilities
- Drag-and-drop to move and reorder agenda sections when the meeting agenda needs to change
- Quickly add a note, create a motion, assign a task, or take attendance
- Make in-line edits to a topic or description with ease
Minutes Builder is included in Premium or Ultimate plans or for those who added it to their plans. Current customers should contact their Customer Success Manager for more details.
Messenger Document Support
These updates will bring a new level of collaboration to board meetings. No matter where you are, you’ll be able to share and receive attachments securely with your team. Customers can now:
- Communicate and share documents between meetings with OnBoard’s Messenger Chat tool.
- Anytime, anywhere access with board members’ mobile devices (iOS or Android apps)
- Optimal security to ensure confidential documents aren’t shared with the wrong audiences
- Drag and drop files into the message, or board members can select from their computers or OnBoard resources folders.
Messenger Document Support is included in the Premium and Ultimate packages for web and mobile.
User Profile and Director Visibility
Does your organization have privacy concerns? Since it’s 2022 and cybersecurity concerns are everywhere, it probable does. With this update, board administrators will be able to set privacy levels for their organizations’ directory and their teams’ profiles.
- Administrators will have more control over the privacy settings for their organizations. For example, the directory can be set to administrators only, or all board members. The profile section can be set to admins and profile owner, all members, or groups.
- In case there are privacy concerns, members’ contact information and demographic details can be hidden.
- The entire directory can also be hidden from members, which will be valuable for organizations that are concerned with keeping their members’ information confidential.
Any administrator will be able to manage visibility options for their organization.
Power Your Board’s Performance, Security, and Ease of Use with OnBoard
OnBoard empowers its users to hold smarter, more effective meetings by making it easier than ever for board members and administrators to collect and organize all the information and materials they need to work smarter, more securely, and more efficiently, wherever they are.
Thanks to our customers’ feedback and continuing technological improvements, OnBoard is constantly well-positioned to help your organization streamline board meetings and improve your board’s performance.
Is board management software a good fit for your organization? Check out our Board Management Software Buyer’s Guide.
Meet What's Next
About The Author
- Adam Wire is a Content Marketing Manager at OnBoard who joined the company in 2021. A Ball State University graduate, Adam worked in various content marketing roles at Angi, USA Football, and Adult & Child Health following a 12-year career in newspapers. His favorite part of the job is problem-solving and helping teammates achieve their goals. He lives in Indianapolis with his wife and two dogs. He’s an avid sports fan and foodie who also enjoys lawn and yard work and running.
- Board Management Software2023.05.26What is a Safety Committee? (Overview, Roles, and Responsibilities)
- Board Management Software2023.05.23What is a Vote of No Confidence? (Overview, Definition, and Examples)
- Board Management Software2023.05.22What is a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Committee?
- Board Management Software2023.05.18Online Board Voting Tool: 3 Critical Characteristics