LAFAYETTE, IN — November 21, 2017 — Passageways Inc., the leader in board meeting solutions and employee intranets, today announced the development of a secure messaging service for its OnBoard platform. This new service will drive focused and deliberate conversations around board packets, meeting preparation, and strategic objectives.
“We will deliver a unified messaging service with a specific purpose,” said Paroon Chadha, Passageways Co-Founder and CEO. “The messaging experience will improve board collaboration and make boardroom decisions more deliberate by having conversations anchored on OnBoard content. If a director finds a curiosity, an insight, or an anomaly in their board information, they will have the capability to tap that item and immediately start a conversation with whomever to discuss the subject. Most importantly, the secure messenger takes these sensitive conversations off unsecured channels like email; limiting liability and reducing discovery costs while creating a closed loop system that provides a holistically secure board meeting experience.”
The secure messaging service will be integrated for all OnBoard users on the web and will ship with a standalone application for smart devices. Once a conversation is started it may be continued on either the web or app. The secure messaging service will expand to serve our customers in the employee collaboration space.
“The messenger will be used to coordinate meeting logistics, to gain feedback on reports, and to discuss the strategic importance of any number of consequential items in a board book,” said David Alder, OnBoard director of product. “We are building secure messaging with a purpose, to enhance collaboration around board meeting preparation and execution, anchored to our OnBoard platform. We want directors to immediately get the information they need to execute from their board colleagues or the experts in their organization.”
Secure messaging will include active channels, group conversations, and direct messages. The secure messaging service will be available in early 2018 for OnBoard customers.
About The Author
- At OnBoard, we believe board meetings should be informed, effective, and uncomplicated. That’s why we give boards and leadership teams an elegant solution that simplifies governance. With customers in higher education, nonprofit, health care systems, government, and corporate enterprise business, OnBoard is the leading board management provider.
- Board Management SoftwareJuly 26, 20225 Critical Board Engagement Survey Questions
- Board Management SoftwareJuly 19, 2022What is an Advisory Council? (Overview, Roles, and Responsibilities)
- Board Management SoftwareJuly 15, 2022Balance Sheet vs. Income Statement: What’s the Difference?
- Board Management SoftwareJuly 12, 2022Sweat Equity: Mark Haas of the Dallas Cup Board Gives a Nonprofit Play-by-Play for Success