OnBoard HIPAA Compliance
We know that healthcare providers experience frustration when selecting and adopting solutions developed by vendors, particularly when there’s the prospect that individual electronic Protected Health Information (ePHI) may be handled by the vendor and their solution. HIPAA, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act was designed to create uniform safeguards and policies for how to handle ePHI for both vendors and healthcare providers.
Passageways OnBoard is HIPAA compliant. This demonstrates our commitment to all healthcare providers. We have always taken pride in both privacy and security, this is the natural extension of that commitment.
What’s is HIPAA compliance?
The HIPAA Privacy regulations require health care providers and organizations, as well as their business associates, develop and follow procedures that ensure the confidentiality and security of protected health information (PHI) when it is transferred, received, handled, or shared. This applies to all forms of PHI, including paper, oral, and electronic, etc. Furthermore, only the minimum health information necessary to conduct business is to be used or shared.
Why We Became HIPAA Compliant
As we have continued to grow, hosting over 30,000+ meetings, our commitment to securely handling the data of every board of directors has grown in concert. HIPAA compliance is instrumental in ensuring to our present and future healthcare customers that we not only guard their data, but that as a team and an organization we are prepared and in compliance to handle their most sensitive data.
What’s more, electronic Protected Health Information isn’t solely the province of the healthcare industry. Organizations may frequently need to include in their board books insurance and medical claims, information on employee benefits packages, and a variety of other material that may contain medical information that needs to be safe guarded. Our HIPAA compliance will protect every organization that needs to discuss or handle ePHI materials during their next board meeting.
“Passageways has always emphasized the privacy and security of our customers’ data,” said David Alder, Passageways Director of Product. “With HIPAA Compliance, we can more formally demonstrate our commitment to both.”
We are committed to delivering the highest quality, most secure, and most compliant board portal solution in the market. This marks another milestone in that journey, for our healthcare customers and beyond.
If you would like more information on OnBoard, our secure board meeting solution, please contact us as [email protected]
About The Author
- At OnBoard, we believe board meetings should be informed, effective, and uncomplicated. That’s why we give boards and leadership teams an elegant solution that simplifies governance. With customers in higher education, nonprofit, health care systems, government, and corporate enterprise business, OnBoard is the leading board management provider.
- OnBoard Product NewsJuly 26, 20225 Critical Board Engagement Survey Questions
- Board Management SoftwareJuly 19, 2022What is an Advisory Council? (Overview, Roles, and Responsibilities)
- Board Management SoftwareJuly 15, 2022Balance Sheet vs. Income Statement: What’s the Difference?
- Board Management SoftwareJuly 12, 2022Sweat Equity: Mark Haas of the Dallas Cup Board Gives a Nonprofit Play-by-Play for Success