Do you want to hold better board meetings in 2021? Then you need the second edition of our Board Management Software Buyer’s Guide, the ultinate guide on selecting a Board Management vendor that will make your board happy and keep meetings focused on strategy.
Our most popular white paper ever, this Buyer’s Guide is up-to-date with all the latest insights you need to navigate the often-confusing world of board management software.
Our Goal for the Buyer’s Guide
This edition of the Buyer’s Guide is packed with new content, especially around virtual meetings. Our goal, however, remains unchanged: for you to walk away informed and equipped with the knowledge of the following:
- What board software does
- Who it’s for
- Why it’s essential
- How to fairly make the case that board management software would strengthen your work
In the Buyer’s Guide, we take a holistic look at board management software and how it can benefit everyone involved with your governance. We aim to help you make sense of a market populated with providers who don’t make it particularly clear what sets them apart.
Here’s What’s Inside the Buyer’s Guide
The Buyer’s Guide includes the following:
- The necessary technology, features, and security of board software
- Why selecting the right vendor is crucial to getting directors hesitant about technology using the product
- How to identify board software on the market that are zombies – the living-dead subsidiaries of other vendors
- How to make the business case for board software
- A practical board management vendor comparison table
Exclusive Excerpt from the Board Management Software Buyer’s Guide
The following is an exclusive excerpt from the Board Management Software Buyer’s Guide.
Life is unpredictable — as the pandemic reminded us with the subtly of a horn. Back in 2019, when we first published this guide offering advice for purchasing board management software, we couldn’t foresee the rapid acceleration toward virtual meetings and digital governance necessitated by Covid-19.
As March rapidly became December, it became clear the remote conferencing tools that many businesses leveraged when our offices were still brimming with activity were now insufficient.
And it’s easy to understand why. If effective decision-making were as simple as getting everyone on the phone at the same time, then we’d have transitioned ages ago to an entirely remote workforce.
But today’s conference technologies like Zoom, GoToMeeting, and FacetTme share the same failings — they are designed for conversation but do little to enhance decision making. They don’t provide data, structure information, organize thinking. They were never made for end-to-end remote governance.
Board management software was made precisely for this moment. Technology that enables directors to act with force on new information and rapidly pivot their strategies, no matter where they are.
We’ve learned a lot about how leaders worldwide have leveraged board management technology to protect their businesses, help their workers, pivot strategies, and carefully plan their road to recovery. We’ve taken these lessons and included them throughout this second edition buyer’s guide.
We sincerely hope you and your team find this guide useful as you consider upgrading your digital infrastructure and advancing your governance in 2021 and beyond.
Download the Board Management Software Buyer’s Guide Today
Download this comprehensive guide on selecting a Board Management vendor that will make your board happy and keep meetings focused on strategy.
About The Author
- At OnBoard, we believe board meetings should be informed, effective, and uncomplicated. That’s why we give boards and leadership teams an elegant solution that simplifies governance. With customers in higher education, nonprofit, health care systems, government, and corporate enterprise business, OnBoard is the leading board management provider.
- Board Management Software2022.07.265 Critical Board Engagement Survey Questions
- Board Management Software2022.07.255 Cybersecurity Metrics Boards Should Care About
- Board Management Software2022.07.19What is an Advisory Council? (Overview, Roles, and Responsibilities)
- Board Management Software2022.07.18What is a Limited Liability Company (LLC)?