– Application Facilitates Auctions in the Passageways Portal Framework –
WEST LAFAYETTE, May 21st, 2009 — Passageways, a West Lafayette, Ind.-based portal solutions provider for over 150 financial institutions, launched a new product at its fourth annual Advanced User and Developer Conference, last year. Applying its knowledge and experience in the portal software industry to its philanthropic efforts, Passageways had developed a portal application that has been specifically tailored to facilitate charitable giving. After a year, Passageways reports a total of $11,423 being raised thorough these efforts and donated it to deserving charities in Indianapolis.
The application was being offered with a “name your price” method, allowing organizations to choose how much they would like to “pay” for the application. Whatever the named price becomes was donated in its entirety to the charities pre-chosen by Passageways’ employees:
- YWCA (local Lafayette/West Lafayette chapter)
- Children’s Miracle Network
- American Heart Association
- American Cancer Society
- Brees Dream Foundation
At PowWOW 2009, Passageways team invited representatives from all these fine charities to present the checks to them. This year’s client conference was a fitting occasion as the contribution was done in front of all the customers and this marked another collaboration effort between Passageways staff and its customers.
“We thank all our customers who participated in this great initiative and especially thank our development and support teams which got involved in making this happen”, says Paroon Chadha Co-Founder Passageways. Chadha Adds, “We are happy to note that all customers who have used this module have reported great results and we are happy to extend this program for another 12 months! All proceeds from this module sale in this year will also go to charities, and be presented in 2010.”
The Auction Manager Application, developed by Passageways, consists of two islands and a “Module Administration Tool” that allows Financial Institutions to easily manage an auction inside the Passageways Portal Framework. For more information on the application, see the philanthropy Web page at: https://www.onboardmeetings.com/about-passageways/about-us
Passageways is a corporate portal solution provider offering the financial services industry a framework that streamlines and enhances internal communications. The company’s flagship product, Passageways Corporate Portal Framework, provides financial institutions with the ability to organize, manage and deliver role-based views and access to enterprise information, applications and workflow processes for increased collaboration, efficiency and profitability. For more information about Passageways, visit www.passageways.com
About The Author
- At OnBoard, we believe board meetings should be informed, effective, and uncomplicated. That’s why we give boards and leadership teams an elegant solution that simplifies governance. With customers in higher education, nonprofit, health care systems, government, and corporate enterprise business, OnBoard is the leading board management provider.
- Board Management SoftwareJuly 26, 20225 Critical Board Engagement Survey Questions
- Board Management SoftwareJuly 19, 2022What is an Advisory Council? (Overview, Roles, and Responsibilities)
- Board Management SoftwareJuly 15, 2022Balance Sheet vs. Income Statement: What’s the Difference?
- Board Management SoftwareJuly 12, 2022Sweat Equity: Mark Haas of the Dallas Cup Board Gives a Nonprofit Play-by-Play for Success