This blog post is the second in a three-part series. See part 1 here (part 3 coming soon).
- The perception that boards are out of touch and completely resistant to technology is a myth.
- More than ever, directors are looking toward technology to aid their work.
- Board management software offers directors an opportunity to solve their most pressing challengs.
In part 1 of our three-part blog series, we shared the latest findings on what matters most to board directors. What our research team found was directors question both the reliability and accuracy of the information shared with them. Technology is important and they are excited about trying new board technology solutions to make their meetings more effective.
Our research turned to how boards view technology, their desire to use it, and how they thought it could solve their problems. What we found dispels a common misperception of boards, that they are out of touch and resistant to technology. Our findings, gathered in conjunction with Avannis and the Independent Community Bankers of America, demonstrates that more than ever, directors are looking toward technology to aid their work.
[bctt tweet=”How do Board Directors feel about new technology in the boardroom? The answers may surprise you. Full details here: ” prompt=”Tweet This”]
Incorporating technology into the boardroom is important to me.
- Yes 78%
- No 8%
- Unsure 15%
Looking forward, I think that board meeting technology will become
- 88% More Important
- 2% Less important
- 10% Neither important nor less important
My board is excited about trying new board technology solutions.
- Yes 51%
- No 22%
- Unsure 27%
Together, this data begins to paint a picture of directors who want both better and more information. Directors who embrace technology as a medium to better control their information flow and who see its presence as the future.
Indeed, this data envisions a board open to a new and better way to distribute, review, and read board materials, and open to board management software to solve their most pressing challenges.
[bctt tweet=”Imagine a Board of Directors open to a new and better way to distribute, review, and read materials, and open to Board management software to solve their most pressing challenges. It’s not a dream! Full details here: ” prompt=”Tweet This”]
With board management software, meetings become actual collaborative efforts — a place to make important decisions and think about the long-term health of the organization. With full adoption, the whole board is prepared to discuss, brainstorm, and problem-solve. Having digested the facts of the meetings in advance, attendees arrive ready to make smarter, more strategic, and timelier decisions.
In part 3, we’ll share how to avoid Zombies (really), how to select a credible vendor, and what makes Passageways a viable solution.
What To Do Next
- Learn more about OnBoard, Passageways’ board management software
- See what users have to say about OnBoard
- Download our Board Management Software Buyer’s Guide
About The Author
- At OnBoard, we believe board meetings should be informed, effective, and uncomplicated. That’s why we give boards and leadership teams an elegant solution that simplifies governance. With customers in higher education, nonprofit, health care systems, government, and corporate enterprise business, OnBoard is the leading board management provider.
- Board Management Software2022.07.265 Critical Board Engagement Survey Questions
- Board Management Software2022.07.255 Cybersecurity Metrics Boards Should Care About
- Board Management Software2022.07.19What is an Advisory Council? (Overview, Roles, and Responsibilities)
- Board Management Software2022.07.18What is a Limited Liability Company (LLC)?