As we close out 2020, I want to take a moment to share my thoughts with you.
In my view, the COVID-19 pandemic has made this year one of the most challenging we’ve all experienced since 2002. I can clearly recall the fear, uncertainty, and doubt that pervaded everything in the aftermath of 9/11. But it was in the middle of that darkness that my friend Chris and I had the audacious idea to start a company whose core products would connect people and bring them together during troubling times. Our premise was simple but profound: going all-in on Service helps organizations thrive.
During a similar moment here in 2020, that vision of Service as a path to growth has proven just as resilient and relevant.
- We responded to the COVID-19 crisis by doubling down on our support for organizations in need and offering OnBoard and OnSemble for free to healthcare organizations, higher education, nonprofits, and local government bodies. I am most proud of this effort in particular.
- Our relentless focus on customers not only helped them endure and adapt to this new world of virtual meetings but also allowed us to grow and strengthen our position in the marketplace. Guided by customer demand and input, we introduced new capabilities to OnBoard – native Zoom integration, Tasks. Minutes Builder, and D&O Questionnaires – and successfully launched our OnBoard Accelerate initiative. We increased our employee headcount by hiring support team members in new regions around the world, including the opening of an office in Australia.
- The adoption rate of OnSemble continued to grow, and Connect 2020 – our first virtual conference – was a wild success.
None of this would even be possible without two groups of special people.
- Our customers, partners, and investors. During this holiday season, I want to express my deepest and sincerest appreciation to all of you for the gift you’ve given us of being able to serve your needs. You’ve inspired us to move faster, higher, and further than ever before, and it has truly been an honor to help your organizations succeed during these unprecedented times. I am always mindful that your success and our success are interdependent on each other, and I wouldn’t want it any other way.
- My fellow Pathfinders. During our all-hands meetings, I often repeat our goal to inspire organizations and leaders to make it a better-managed world. This is a tall order, and there’s nobody else I would rather be taking this journey with than this Passageways team. I feel honored to be part of this family, and humbly express my appreciation to each of my peers for their dedication, good humor, and hard work. Thank you.
On behalf of all of my fellow Pathfinders, I wish everyone a joyful holiday season. May the New Year be filled with health, happiness, and prosperity – in whatever way you choose to define it.
Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer
About The Author
- Paroon Chadha co-founded Passageways in 2003 and continues to lead its business strategy, as CEO. He serves on Boards at Passageways, Big Brother Big Sister of Greater Lafayette, Indiana University Simon Cancer Center, and TechPoint. He was a founding member of Youwecan.org, and is an angel investor in several technology companies.
- Board Management Software2021.09.01How to Plan a Board Meeting Agenda
- Board Management Software2021.08.19What’s the Next Step for Boardroom Digital Transformation? Board Intelligence
- Board Management Software2021.07.16The Next Level for Board Intelligence
- Company2020.12.23A Special Holiday Thanks from Paroon