OnBoard Two-Factor Authentication: What You Need To Know
What is Two-Factor Authentication?
Two-factor authentication is an additional layer of security for OnBoard that ensures you’re the only person who can access your OnBoard Account, even if someone knows or discovers your password.
How Does Two-Factor Authentication Work in OnBoard?
With two-factor authentication, your OnBoard account can only be accessed by verifying your identity using a second method, separate from your password. When enabled, you’ll need to provide two pieces of information—your password and a six-digit verification code that’s delivered as a text message or sent to your email. It’s your choice which method you leverage.
By entering the code, you’re verifying your identity by two methods; that you know your complex-password and that your telephone number or email address are still in your possession. When enabled, 2-Factor Authentication will be enforced on every device and platform: Desktop, laptop, Web Browser, iPhone, iPad, Android Phones and Tablets, and Amazon Fire.
For example, if you have an iPhone and are signing into your account, you’ll be prompted to enter your password and the verification code that’s immediately sent to you via text or email.
Why is Two-Factor Authentication Important?
Because, when enabled, your password alone is no longer sufficient to access your OnBoard Account, two-factor authentication dramatically improves the security of your OnBoard Account and all the personal and professional information that is stored in OnBoard. The idea is to verify someone’s identity based on something they know (their username and password) and something they have (their phone or an email).
What to Remember When using Two-Factor Authentication
Two-factor authentication significantly improves the security of your OnBoard Account. When enabled, signing into your account will require both your password and access to your phone or email.
To keep your account as secure as possible and help ensure you never lose access, there are a few simple guidelines you should follow:
- Remember your OnBoard Account Password
- Don’t use the same password for both your email and OnBoard Account.
- If enabled for text messages, Keep your trusted phone number up to date.
- Keep your phone physically secure.
About The Author
- At OnBoard, we believe board meetings should be informed, effective, and uncomplicated. That’s why we give boards and leadership teams an elegant solution that simplifies governance. With customers in higher education, nonprofit, health care systems, government, and corporate enterprise business, OnBoard is the leading board management provider.
- Board Management Software2022.07.265 Critical Board Engagement Survey Questions
- Board Management Software2022.07.255 Cybersecurity Metrics Boards Should Care About
- Board Management Software2022.07.19What is an Advisory Council? (Overview, Roles, and Responsibilities)
- Board Management Software2022.07.18What is a Limited Liability Company (LLC)?